Norton County, Kansas
Official site for Norton County, Kansas

Norton County

Election Office

Function of Norton County Elections Office

  • Central voter registration site for Norton County
  • Maintains voter registration database
  • Generates voter registration lists and reports  
  • Maintains lists of permanent advance and federal service voters
  • Accepts filings for public office
  • Appoints and trains election board workers
  • Sets up and prepares ballots for printing
  • Certifies election results to public, media, and Secretary of State
  • Prepares results for County Board of Canvassers following each election

Robert Wyatt

2nd Floor
105 S. Kansas Avenue
Norton, KS 67654

Office phone : 
(785) 877-5710

Business Hours: 
Monday- Friday except holidays

Elections FAQ

I have never voted before, how do I register?

Proof of Citizenship documentation required to register to vote. Any person registering to vote in Kansas for the first time will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of United States citizenship. Individuals registered to vote in Kansas as of the effective date of this requirement are deemed to have submitted proof of citizenship and are exempt from the requirement as long as they remain on the voter registration list. Moving from one place to another within Kansas or modifying one's registration records does not require the person to re-submit proof of citizenship. If a voter's registration is canceled, the person must submit a citizenship document when re-registering.

If a citizenship document is not provided at the time the person submits his or her voter registration application, it may be submitted at a later time. Such person may

  1. Mail or deliver the document to the county election office by the close of business on the day before the election, or
  2. submit it electronically by midnight the day before the election. "Electronically" means fax, email or other electronic means approved by the Secretary of State.

Valid Citizenship Documents

Here is a list of documents that are acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship for voter registration purposes:

  • Driver's license or nondriver's identification card issued by the Division of Vehicles (or the equivalent governmental agency of another state within the U.S. if the agency indicates on the applicant's driver's license or nondriver's identification card that the person has provided satisfactory proof of U.S. citizenship)
  • Birth certificate that verifies U.S. citizenship
  • U.S. passport or pertinent pages of the applicant's U.S. valid or expired passport identifying the applicant and the applicant's passport number
  • U.S. naturalization documents or the number of the certificate of naturalization. (If only the number of the certificate of naturalization is provided, the applicant shall not be included on the registration rolls until the number of the certificate of naturalization is verified with the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services by the county election officer or the Secretary of State, pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1373(c))
  • Other documents or methods of proof of U.S. citizenship issued by the federal government pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs card number, tribal treaty card number or tribal enrollment number
  • Consular report of birth abroad of a citizen of the U.S.
  • Certificate of citizenship issued by the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Certification of report of birth issued by the U.S. Department of State
  • American Indian card, with KIC classification, issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Note: This document applies only to a small Texas band of the Kickapoo tribe with slightly more than 50 members.)
  • Final adoption decree showing the applicant's name and U.S. birthplace
  • U.S. military record of service showing applicant's place of birth in the U.S.
  • Extract from a U.S. hospital record of birth created at the time of the applicant's birth indicating the applicant's place of birth in the U.S.

Am I registered to vote?

To find out if you are registered to vote check here

What precinct/ward am I in?

Look up the precinct/ward you are registered in here.

Where do I vote?

  • Almena: Almena Community Center
  • Center #1 Solomon 1 Belle Plain: County Courthouse Lobby
  • Center #2: County Courthouse Lobby
  • Highland #1: Lenora Community Building
  • Highland #2: 4-H Building
  • Highland #3: County Courthouse Lobby
  • Solomon #1 Sandcreek: 4-H Building
  • Solomon #2: 4-H Building
  • City of Norton (Ward 1,2,3): 4-H Building

What are accepted forms of identification to vote?

Every voter must show photo ID when voting. A voter requesting a ballot by mail must either write his or her driver’s license number on the application or send a copy of a photo ID to get a ballot.

VALID PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS The following documents may be used as identification for purposes of voting in Kansas:

  • Driver’s license or ID card issued by Kansas or by another state
  • U.S. passport
  • Student ID card from an accredited postsecondary education institution in Kansas
  • U.S. military ID
  • Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office
  • Concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or by another state
  • Public assistance identification card issued by a government office
  • A voter age 65 or older may use an expired document.
  • Certain individuals are exempt from the ID requirements: permanent advance voters (voters with illnesses or disabilities), overseas military voters and their spouses and dependents, and voters with religious objections who sign declarations.

I moved recently, where do I vote?

Remember that if your name or address has changed you must submit a new Kansas Voter Registration Application at least 21 days prior to election day.

How do I change party affiliation?

Party Affiliation changes for the August 2 primary must be completed prior to noon on June 1.

Election Results